What are you reading/watching? 10 Rillington Place by Ludovic Kennedy

 

Source: Filmaffinity

Ana Melendo's contribution

Hello, Today I want to talk to you about two films I’ve seen recently on Filmin, a platform I recommend to you. The first one is called 10 Rillington Place by Richard FLEISHER, shot in 1971. It’s at the same time a thriller and a drama. It’s the adaptation of a Ludovic KENNEDY’s novel. I liked the way the story is presented and also that the viewer can see very well how poor people lived at that time. It’s a journey to the past. The movie catches immediately our attention. Thanks to it, I’ve discovered that  Richard ATTENBOROUGH was not only a film director but also a great actor.

 

Youtube: 10 Rillington Place (1971) ORIGINAL TRAILER [HD 1080p]

 

The second one is called Compulsion by the same director. It is in black and white because it was shot in 1959. It’s a judicial thriller with Orson Welles who won the Best Actor Award at the Cannes festival.

Youtube: Compulsion 1959 Trailer | Orson Welles | Dean Stockwell | Diane Varsi


Generally, surrealism is connected with poetry but Julien CRACQ (1910-2007) was one of the few surrealist novelists. I first discovered The Opposing Shore (Le Rivage des Syrtes) and I really loved it. I liked the slow rhythm that goes so well with the story itself, and the mentality of the characters.  The richness of the language and the turn of the sentences are two other  points to love this novel. It’s like a prose poem.

Source: Amazon

 Now, I’ve read The Castle of Argol (Au chateau d’Argol). The language is  perfect but I don’t like to much the course of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.
We are waiting for you soon!