Noelia's contribution
Mad Honey by Jodi Picoult and Jennifer Finney Boylan
![]() |
| Amazon |
What I liked most about the book is the way the story is told. It’s written in the first person from two points of view: Lily’s and Olivia’s, Asher’s mother. Each shares a version of events, slowly revealing new details and showing how the same moments can look very different. I thought this dual perspective worked really well because it kept me questioning what I believed.
The trial is one of the most interesting parts of the novel. It is really well written, feels perfectly researched, and it adds a lot of tension to the story. Through the trial, the author explores some of the most complex issues, such as nurture, identity and family violence.
However, the book is not perfect. There are some parts which are boring and, at times, unnecessary, as I see it. For example, there are long passages about Olivia’s work as a beekeeper. Personally, I don’t find this information particularly interesting, and I felt that it sometimes slowed the story down without adding much to the main plot.
Although some parts of the story are quite predictable, the novel still manages to surprise you. Some astute plot twists completely caught me off guard. I genuinely didn’t see them coming, and they were definitely some of my favourite reading junctures.
Overall, Mad Honey is a fascinating and thought-provoking read. Despite some slow and predictable points, its strong characters, multiple perspectives, and all the topics I mentioned at the beginning of the review make it well worth reading.
Jodi Picoult and Jennifer Finney Boylan
![]() |
| Amazon |
| Wikipedia |


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you very much for your comment.
We are waiting for you soon!