Endless Love Review by Ana Melendo

 Ana Melendo's contribution

We just had to read the first chapter of this novel in our EBC meeting, but I thought it was a shame I didn’t finish it. I wanted to know more about all the numerous characters and the profound, real meaning of endless love for Scott SPENCER.

Further, I was stopped by a quite erotic scene, long enough. I did not feel comfortable as long as it seemed to me I was like a voyeur. But, well, I tried again and soon I appreciated the deep and precise descriptions of the characters, their way of living, their feelings in the family, love, politics, their everyday life, their psychology and even their souls.

The story takes place during the sixties and the seventies of the last century in the States. So, it’s also interesting to behold families’ lives in that time. On one side, a hippy one with four children; on the other, a communist one with a rigid mentality like the first generation in the 1920th, with only a son.

Through the story of the protagonist, we discover the difference between a private psychiatric hospital and a state one.

I can’t tell if I like all the parts of the book. Moreover, many descriptions have turned out to be quite difficult but, overall, the novel seems to me hugely interesting.

Ana Melendo, 3rd March 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.
We are waiting for you soon!